19 Responses

1. Millie Hue says:

It really helped when you said that we could find a good septic company by checking third-party websites and getting estimates. I think that is true because the testimonials of their previous customers can tell a lot. I will be following this advice because we needed our septic system checked. It has been producing foul odors around our house, and we don’t have any idea how to fix it. Thanks for the tips!

2. Kenneth Gladman says:

I try and tell my wife that the baby wipes she flushes are bad for the system. She needs to read this article and learn. I don’t want to have to have some emergency work done to fix any issues that it could cause.

3. Sarah Smith says:

My husband and I are looking into buying a new house and the one we would really like has a septic tank. He had heard that he could potentially save money by pumping the cesspool himself, but I am not entirely comfortable with him doing so. Your information that we will need to store the sludge and find a way to safely dispose of it makes me more inclined to hire a septic service to take care of this for us.

4. Gary Puntman says:

I agree that you should look for a company that will do septic tank pumping as well as other types of maintenance. I like that you said this will be best because they can spot any problems. I’ll have to find a company like that when I have my septic tank pumped.

5. Mark Murphy says:

I really appreciate your tip to avoid letting any harsh chemicals down your drain when you are flushing things! My wife and I recently had a baby, and there are a lot of toiletries that come with that. I will be sure to tell my wife that we should avoid flushing those!

6. Taylor Anderson says:

My uncle recently moved to a home with a septic tank, so he’s been wondering how to care for it. It was helpful when you mentioned that a septic tank should be pumped every two to three years. However, my uncle has 7 children, so should he get it pumped more often? Either way, thank you so much for explaining how often one should pump their septic tank.

7. Sariah Meagle says:

Our home smells awful and it’s coming from our yard where the septic tank is. It was explained here that it’s best not to park cars atop the tank for safety. Moreover, it’s recommended to hire professionals for quality septic tank pumping.

8. Sam Li says:

I like what you said about homeowners being able to clean out septic tanks themselves. However, contacting a reliable company is the first step towards getting a septic tank in the first place. I will be sure to contact such a company if I ever make the decision to install a septic tank system on my large property.

9. Arya Smith says:

Thanks for helping me understand that the tank should be scheduled for professional inspections at least every two to three years to keep it in good condition. I guess I need to call one already because we have moved into this house in April of 2016 which means that we are already three years here. We have never thought of getting it checked until now that it sometimes produces a foul odor.

10. Michael Lee says:

My wife and I recently moved into a house with a septic tank. I want to make sure that the septic tank is regularly taken care of. It is good to know that the average septic tank cleaning service will cost about $270.

11. Silas Knight says:

It’s good to know more about septic tank pumping. I like how you said that the average price is only around $270. That’s not too bad. We’re hoping to get our new home’s tank pumped, so I’ll remember that for our budget.

12. Katie Wilson says:

Thanks for these tips on how to manage your septic tank. I agree that you want to get your tank cleaned every two to three years in order to make sure it is working right. My husband and I are have been living in our home for about three years now, so maybe it’s time to get our tank cleaned.

13. Callum Palmer says:

I don’t think that my septic system has ever been looked at. As you said here, it would be a good idea to keep track of the maintenance being done. I’ll for sure start doing this once I get someone out here to get it checked out.

14. Callum Palmer says:

I’ll need to get my septic tank looked at as I think it’s been causing me some problems as of late. As you said here, it would be best to get professional help for something like this. I’ll look more into that as I know that there are multiple services that I can go with.

15. Ellie Davis says:

I liked that you mentioned it is recommended not to park cars at the top of your septic tank to prevent a rupture. My husband noticed that my brother leave his truck on my top of the septic tank at my mother’s house, and we are looking for information. I will let him know that doing that can lead to rupture and expensive repairs to our mother’s septic tank.

16. Roby says:

Why not? For me, there is always a good effect when you have regular maintenance of tanks. It helps you no to worried about the unclogged problems and an unpleasant smell.

17. Darrien Hansen says:

It makes sense that you should avoid putting paper towels down the drain since it can clog your pipes. Recently, my son has been flushing paper towels down the toilet whenever it is his turn to clean the bathroom. It may be best to have my septic tank pumped before it begins to clog.

18. gus white says:

I love that you mentioned that the cost is an important aspect when you are choosing a septic maintenance company. We have been talking about moving into a home that will have a septic tank, and we want to make sure that we would have the proper services lined up to help us take care of it. When we look for some, I will be sure to consider their costs.

19. Greta James says:

Thank you so much for your advice to not park cars over the septic tank as this puts unnecessary pressure on the tank walls. About a week ago, I was talking to my sister, and she mentioned that she is thinking of building a new home outside of the city. I think the lot will require a septic tank. I will have to tell my sister about your tips and help her look for pumping, maintenance services that could help keep things running smoothly.